A variety of Questions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Luke
    Participant

Hi,

First of all, love the theme. I installed the theme as per the instructions in the installation video, then double checked with the documentation page, but I’m experiencing some problems and have a few questions.

1) The Weston font does’ seem to be working in firefox. I’d ultimately like to change the main header font to a different font, but I’m happy to keep Weston if that will mess things up, I’d just like it to work in all the main browsers.

2) After installing the theme and the child page, a lot of things are like the original preview, but none of the portfolio items are there, nor images for the team etc., the portfolio page has the categories and the following where the images should be “Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c07/h03/mnt/113293/domains/lukemcadam.com/html/wp-content/themes/extinct/framework/functions/blog-content.php on line 461 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c07/h03/mnt/113293/domains/lukemcadam.com/html/wp-content/themes/extinct/framework/functions/blog-content.php on line 461”

I’ll be swapping all these images out anyway, but is there an error if they’re not there now?

3) I was unable to import the file “revolution-slider-import-data.txt” into the slider. I wasn’t able attempt to do it as instructed in the video due to the update to the wordpress UI, so I created a new slider, clicked on “settings”, scrolled down to “import/export” and attempted to import the text file. It takes me to a mostly blank page that says “importing slider setings and data…
    Fatal error: Class ‘ZipArchive’ not found in /nfs/c07/h03/mnt/113293/domains/lukemcadam.com/html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/inc_php/revslider_slider.class.php on line 628”

4) Are there any instagram photo stream plugins that are compatible with the theme? I tried “Alpine Phototile for Instagram” and added it to the fourth column of my footer, but it’s not showing up (other plugins compatible with the theme are showing up).

I have a plugin displaying a splash page currently, as I don’t want people to be able to see the page until it’s finished, but I can message you logging details if necessary.

Luke

Luke
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Luke
    Participant
    Raghavendra

Just a quick reply – will get back to you in detail later.

1) The FireFox won’t show the font unless the font files are downloaded and hosted on the domain itself. Pls have a look at the child theme style.css file. There should a number of font files linked to portfoliotheme.org server.

2) If you do not set a category for the portfolio, you will see this error. It has been fixed and the fix will be in the next update coming this week.

Raghavendra

Regarding the other issues,

1) Looks like the ZipArchive PHP extension is not installed on your server. Can you pls contact your hosting provider regarding this? They need to install this PHP module on their side or if you have root access, you need to install this yourself and retry the import.

2) I have used this for Instagram –

http://wordpress.org/plugins/brankic-photostream-widget/

It works fine but you may need to configure/style it a bit to your liking.

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra
    Luke
    Participant

Thanks for the replies and recommendation for Brankic photo stream for the instagram feed, it worked.

Regarding the Ziparchive php extension, is that required to upload the css file for revolution slider? I contacted the guy who manages my server and he wasn’t sure what it was. He said there is php 5 on the server and he’s not sure what the issue is because he’s installed revolution slider on another domain and it worked.

I didn’t attempt to get weston to work in firefox, I instead uploaded the font I wanted to the server via ftp and edited the extinct child style sheet to use that font for the header with references to the right locations, but the font still isn’t working.

Luke
    Participant

I’m also wondering how you define the location on the full width map on the contact us page? I found the “location shortcode page” but that isn’t the same map that is used on the default contact us page.

Raghavendra

You just replace the existing URL in the [googlemap] shortcode with the new one provided by Google(just change the src argument for this shortcode). If you go to maps.google.com, type in your address and you should see the map for your location. Copy the share link URL as shown in the screenshot below –

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9j6FQo4cSQFZE40Um1CUVhZV3c/edit?usp=drivesdk

Copy the URL as shown above from Google Maps site and paste it to the area shown below in the Contact Us Page Edit –

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9j6FQo4cSQFY0ZoN25VUG5BR2s/edit?usp=drivesdk

Luke
    Participant

Thanks, I think I have everything working now except for the slider and changing the feature colour.

I still wasn’t able to import the revolution slider code, but I was able to upload slides and get the slider working anyway. I’m wondering:

1) How to remove the padding from the top and bottom of the slider. I’ve gone into the appearance box on the “Edit Slide” page and chosen “no shadow” from the dropdown menu, but when I then click on “save settings” it says “wrong request” and doesn’t save.

2) How to change the red feature colour used in the call to action text, call to action button, clients banner, footer links and blog sidebar links. I went to the “colour section in the theme preferences, but I was only able to control the font colour, not the main feature colour.

Raghavendra

For the first issue, I had to input a fix in the custom css tab to fix it.

#slider-area .widget-wrap { padding: 0;
    border: none; }

For second one, pls have a look at the following posts for some help (will need css file to a file) –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-change-the-orange-color-of-the-theme/

and

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/cant-change-certain-orange-colours/

Luke
    Participant

Is there a way to make the portfolio display most recent work first, rather than oldest work first on the portfolio page?

Nexus

Hi,

Have you got the latest version of the theme. The latest version of the theme solves this problem. Or, if you don’t want to update the them then you can reorder the portfolio items using this WordPress plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/post-types-order/ . Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘A variety of Questions’ is closed to new replies.