December 10, 2019 at 11:59 pm #32127
Hi! First of all, sorry for posting under the Austin Theme Support. We’re actually using Agile, but for some reason I cannot create a new topic there. I have created the following website http://sedrg.ca/
We love the theme!!! but just want a few things that we can’t seem to figure out on our own or browsing through these forums.
1. We would like the menu to always have the height of the sticky menu in the screenshot attached. We would also like the font to be bolded and not italized if possible.
2. We would like the footer to always stick to the bottom of the page.
3. There seems to be a margin at the top and bottom of the page. These margins are more obvious on the main page (makes the menu look huge, and the space between the social media and footer), and on this page http://sedrg.ca/people/ where you can see the white spaces under the header and above the footer. We would like these white margins to disappear if possible. We tried changing the page template, and these margins indeed disappear when we try “full width” for example, the problem is that the vertical margins that center the content disappear and the website looks like the second attachment. We appreciate your help!
You must be logged in to access attached files.December 11, 2019 at 12:41 pm #32131RaghavendraModerator
1) Pls use the template ‘One Column No Sidebars’ on home page to remove the extra header and footer spacing and also to center the content.
2) I am not sure what you mean footer sticking to the bottom of the page. Are you saying you need the footer to be always visible like the sticky menu?December 11, 2019 at 1:20 pm #32132
1. Changing the template fixed the spacing problem. Thank you!
2. This page shows what I meant about the footer not sticking to the bottom of the page: http://sedrg.ca/resources/ I’m saying, is it possible to show the footer always at the bottom of the page regardless of just having a few lines of content?
3. Is there some custom css styling that we can add to make the main menu always look like the screenshot attached before?
Thank you!December 14, 2019 at 3:22 am #32134RaghavendraModerator
I explored a few ways to push the footer to bottom but they don’t seem to work well since we have header elements also in the container complicating the logic involved in keeping the footer at bottom. I also checked the solutions posted by Chris here – https://css-tricks.com/couple-takes-sticky-footer/
For now, the simple solution probably would be to add appropriate padding to the row in siteorigin page builder. I think we have padding settings for desktop, mobile padding that you can make use of. We don’t need padding for mobile resolutions. Pls see attached screenshot for settings.
I see that you disabled the sticky menu. I assume you need the header to be the same height for sticky as well as regular mode. Pls enable sticky menu for the page and let me know so that I can post the appropriate CSS.
You must be logged in to access attached files.December 14, 2019 at 2:42 pm #32137
Perfect! That makes sense. Thank you so much for your explanation.
I have enabled the sticky menu again. Sorry about that! I really appreciate your help 🙂
- The forum ‘Austin Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.