Sticky nav on desktop

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rtourtelot

Instead of the nav scrolling off screen, then sliding down after the user scrolls down a bit, how do I get the nav to stay exactly as it is, same size, never moving from where it is?

I tried this, but it didn’t seem to work:

header .sticky {
    	position:fixed;
    	top:0;
    	left:0;
    	z-index:9999;
    	width:100%;
    	height:100px;
    rtourtelot
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

To me it seems to be working. The nav bar stays exactly where it is right now when I scroll down. May be you were able to resolve the issue.

rtourtelot

Well, I’ve been working on it, so it’s closer… but due to some function or other in the theme, the nav slides up a bit (image attached), and then resolves–which I’ve never seen happen before. It’s definitely something in the theme functions. Is there a way to remove the function that creates the second nav sliding down after the user starts scrolling, as it seems to be right around the same timing/scroll distance when the attached bug happens.

Thanks!

Raghavendra

Can you pls change the class name sticky to something else in the js/main.js at line number 165 –

$('#header').waypoint('sticky', {
                        stuckClass: 'sticky',
                        offset: -100,

and see if that helps? The sticky class adds some CSS styles and if you provide some other class, I guess the effect won’t be there.

rtourtelot

This is exactly what I needed–thank you!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Sticky nav on desktop’ is closed to new replies.