Portfolio Re-order not working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I previously had Agile theme version 1.2 and upgraded to 3.0 this week.

The portfolio section on the page ‘home’ is now showing the order of published items within the portfolio. [img1] / [img3]

This is not the right order as I have previously used the ‘re-order’ function to re-order the items to display as I want. For me this is very important as this is the work I want to display on the homepage. [img2]

Can you please help me out getting the re-order function to work again?
    I am clueless.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Pls modify the files portfolio-functions.php and post-functions.php as follows

1.Modify portfolio-functions.php line no:13

$query_args = array('post_type' => 'portfolio', 'posts_per_page' => $args['posts_per_page'], 'filterable' => $args['filterable'], 
                'paged' => $paged, 'order' => 'ASC', 'orderby'=>'ID');

$loop = new WP_Query(array('post_type' => $post_type, 'posts_per_page' => $post_count, 'order' => 'ASC', 'orderby'=>'ID'));

2.2 Modify post-functions.php line no:503

$loop = new WP_Query(array('post_type' => $post_type, 'posts_per_page' => $post_count, 'order' => 'ASC', 'orderby'=>'ID',
                    'tax_query' => array(array(
                        'taxonomy' => $taxonomy,
                        'field' => 'slug',
                        'terms' => explode(',', $terms)
                    ))));

Also pls go to the following link and refer the section “order and orderby parameters”,you will get the possible parameters for order and orderby
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query

Your final code should be as in portfolio-functions.png and post-functions.png

I have modified the files like above and my code looks like in the attached PNG files.

( P.S. The extra line of loop code on line 144 of the portfolio-functions.php breaks the homepage portfolio entireally. $loop = new WP_Query(array(‘post_type’ => $post_type, ‘posts_per_page’ => $post_count, ‘order’ => ‘ASC’, ‘orderby’=>’ID’)); so I left this out )

However this code change does not produce the desired results in any way.
    On the homepage the order is not changed at all. machielvangelder.nl > work

All that works here is setting the publish date manually. The re-order function did work perfectly in the older version of Agile.

Then when clicking towards the filterable portfolio. http://machielvangelder.nl/filterable-portfolio/ there is another order but still not the order I specified in the re-order plugin. [IMG2] as attached.

Can you please help me out here, as I am applying for jobs and really need to show my work both at the homepage and portfolio in the right order. If you need FTP to fix it I can send it in a private message.

The only thing that seems

Veena

I am not able to login in to your database with the above given FTP login credentials.
    Kindly recheck it and confirm, forward it.
    Otherwise
    Pls modify the files portfolio-functions.php and post-functions.php as follows
    (Instead of orderby ID give menu-order)
    1.Modify portfolio-functions.php line no:13 as given below

$query_args = array('post_type' => 'portfolio', 'posts_per_page' => $args['posts_per_page'], 'filterable' => $args['filterable'], 
                'paged' => $paged, 'order' => 'ASC', 'orderby'=>'menu_order');

Veena

2.1. Modify post-functions.php line no:503

$loop = new WP_Query(array('post_type' => $post_type, 'posts_per_page' => $post_count, 'order' => 'ASC', 'orderby'=>'menu_order'));

Veena

2.2 Modify post-functions.php line no:505

$loop = new WP_Query(array('post_type' => $post_type, 'posts_per_page' => $post_count, 'order' => 'ASC', 'orderby'=>'menu_order',
                    'tax_query' => array(array(
                        'taxonomy' => $taxonomy,
                        'field' => 'slug',
                        'terms' => explode(',', $terms)
                    ))));

Ok this now works for the filterable portfolio section on http://machielvangelder.nl/filterable-portfolio/

However unfortunately it still doesn’t work for the “Work” Section on the homepage. As I previously mentioned I need them to be in the same order as it has worked before in version 1.x of the theme.

For the post-functions.php you are talking about modifying line 503 and line 505.
    In my post-functions.php I find these lines to be at 525 and 531.

Maybe there is a difference there? I have added the php files so you can take a look.

Raghavendra

Had to change the file portfolio-functions.php at line number 144. It is working now. Pls check.

Awesome stuff it is now working. Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Portfolio Re-order not working’ is closed to new replies.