PLease help. My question from yesterday: Menu and Page-Setup

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Austin Theme Support PLease help. My question from yesterday: Menu and Page-Setup

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KJSnoerre

Hello,

I am new to this, and am having a bit of a logic problem.
    Could you help me?

I need an info about your demotemplate and the reconstruction of its features. It showed clearly two different menus on scrolldownpages (long pager), as well as different footers.

How can I setup a page, that shows my portfolio on the main page, and when clicked on a portfolio item, it relinks to it’s particuar portfolio page. And all Portfolio pages should have the longpage/onepage/”scrolldown” menu for all specs/sizes/matreials, etc. that I build in the page sections?

I build each of the productpages as different menus, but then there would be more than two menus, and all I seem to be allowed to is one mainmenu and a footer.

Thank you for your help.

KJSnoerre
    This reply has been marked as private.
    KJSnoerre
    Raghavendra

You may use of any of the page templates and shortcodes documented in the documentation for displaying portfolio items. In the home page you can use shortcodes like [show_portfolio] and [show_post_snippets] to display portfolio items. Basically you create portfolio items in Admin Menu Portfolio and then use these shortcodes iun various pages to link them to portfolio items. For menu, you can have any number of custom menus and then set them up as custom menu under “Advanced ENtry Options” in the page/portfolio edit window in the admin area.

I hope you have all the demo data imported. If not, I would strongly urge you to do so since that has all the examples of the shortcodes etc.

The documentation talks about how to setup internal scrollable links to the internal sections within a page/portfolio. Pls check the Installation section of the documentation for the same. Hope this is what you were looking for.

KJSnoerre

Thank you for your answer. The onspage/scrolldown issue has been solved.

Unfortunately I still have those other problems:

“Basically you create portfolio items in Admin Menu Portfolio and then use these shortcodes iun various pages to link them to portfolio items.”
    Could you explain that more in detail, please.

“In the home page you can use shortcodes like [show_portfolio]”
    Could you tell me how to display items of category-items of my portfolio, and not all itmes of the whole portfolio. I cannot find examples for that anywhere. PLease explain it to me in detail or write the shortcode for that, please.

You did not tell me how to set up that page the smartest way. Could you give me your input?
    I still have problems with variable content. The “specs” for the product items differ. But the shell how to showcase them is the same. Can I put variable content in portfolio page sections? If page sections could be “filled” with variable content of the portfolio items, my problem would be solved.

Please do not refer to the documentation, it does not help me.

Thank you very much!

Veena

Pls see the attached sreenshots

If you want to display portfolio by categories then you need to include taxonomy and terms parameter in to the show post snippets shortcode.You can see examples in the themedocumentation.
    Example shortcode:

[show_post_snippets number_of_columns=3 post_count=6 image_size='large' terms="inspiration,technology" taxonomy="portfolio_category" post_type="portfolio"]

If you have imported sample data , you can analyse each page sections and the shortcodes used there so that it will be very easy for you to understand the functionality and flexibility of each shortcode and then to customize the site.

And also pls try shortcodes in a new page/pagesection.(Example shortcodes are available in the documentation- you can directly copy that and test in a pagesection/page)

In the Admin Menu – “Portfolio” you can create new portfolio categories.Pls see the attached screenshot.
    For displaying portfolio items you can always use portfolio shortcodes.
    Kindky see the available list of portfolio shortcodes in the theme documentation.

Veena

Pls find the attached screenshot.

Veena

Pls find the attached screenshot.

KJSnoerre
    Veena

You can re-download the theme files which will automatically get you the new version of the theme. You can do that by navigating to the downloads tab in the themeforest.net. You will have to login to the site with your themeforest account.
    If you want to be notified about the new version release, then just check the “Get notified by email when this item is updated” option in the downloads tab and you will receive email notification from envato.

Regarding Theme Update:-
    Use the same procedure as when you installed the theme for the first time.
    Everything you did on your Dashboard won’t get overwriten, the files you’ve modified, however, will be replaced with the new files. I recommend that you save them in separate folders so you’ll have them at hand to reapply the changes.
    I use this handy plugin for auto updates of all plugins and themes –
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
    It makes a backup of the existing plugin/theme as well in the media folder so you can always revert back or refer to the earlier version. If you made any changes to the source files (instead of child theme), you will need to redo them of course no matter what method you use for updating. Hope this helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Austin Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.