Can't seem to get rid of 'Home' on my static landing page.

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Can't seem to get rid of 'Home' on my static landing page.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    theadz
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a static landing page that I’ve recently set to the ‘Home Page’ template (it was previously Full Width) in order to get rid of my Google Search snippets (file attached below).

Even after setting the static front page to ‘Home Page’ the page title still has “Home – <websitename>. Is there anyway I could change this? I know I could call the homepage the same name as my website, but then my page title would just say the website title twice.

Thanks,
    Adam.

Veena

In the snippet editor pls change the sitetitle to

%%sitename%%

and pls comment out the below code in file header.php at line no:20 and see if that helps?

wp_title('|', true, 'right');

theadz
    Participant

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for the reply.

Firstly, I changed the code to this. Is this right?

<title>
    <?php
    <!– wp_title(‘|’, true, ‘right’); –>
    bloginfo(‘name’); ?></title>

After I did this, I continually got an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. I’ve attached the error message, and had to change it back. As soon as I did the error went away.

Just to confirm, by ‘snippet editor’ do you mean the Yoast Snippet Editor in the static home page? I’ve attached an image of what I see before making any changes.

%%title%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%

Sitetitle isn’t listed here. I did just remove title, page and sep to leave just

%%sitename%%

but now I seem to get the sitename repeated twice.
    Is there anything I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Adam.

Veena

Just to confirm, by ‘snippet editor’ do you mean the Yoast Snippet Editor in the static home page?
    Yes.

but now I seem to get the sitename repeated twice.
    Is there anything I’m doing wrong?
    Pls see the attachment .

theadz
    Participant

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for that. It definitely helped… but I’m not 100% yet.

I’ve attached image of my code changes, but I’m still getting the website name repeated. It’s also still showing up in the google results.

Please check the attached images and let me know if there is anything else I should try changing.

Thanks,
    Adam.

Veena

Can you share a temp login to your site as a private msg , i ll take a look .

theadz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Now the sitetitle is not showing twice in the browser tab . Have you resolved this ?

theadz
    Participant

Hi Phoenix,

Not intentionally.
    It seems to be fixed for Internet Explorer, but Google Chrome and Chrome Canary are still very much showing the double sitetitle. Could you please look into this with Chrome in mind?

Thanks,
    Adam.

Veena

Please clear the cache and check .

theadz
    Participant

Thank you Phoenix!

That looks much better now. Thank you so much for you help and patience.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't seem to get rid of 'Home' on my static landing page.’ is closed to new replies.